Top ten tips on Resilience from the Experts!
- Develop a solid, core set of beliefs where nothing can shake them.
- Do your best to find meaning in whatever stressful or traumatic event has taken place.
- Maintain a positive outlook, whenever and wherever you can.
- Takes cues from someone you know who is especially resilient.
- Don’t run from things that may scare you – find a way to face them.
- Be quick to reach out for support when things go haywire.
- Learn new things as often as you can to come out of your comfort zone.
- Find an exercise regime that works for you so you’ll stick to it.
- Don’t beat yourself up about anything, or dwell unhealthily on the past.
- Recognise what it is that makes you uniquely strong – then own it!